Network Engineer (Senior) | Cisco Routing & Switching | SaaS Company
Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join an expanding organisation that powers some of the world's most important applications in healthcare, finance and government. Our client's orginisation is a privately held company headquartered in in the United Kingdom & the USA, with offices worldwide, and software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 100 countries worldwide with 200 people in the UK and 1800 globally.
You will be based in our client's new prestigious offices a short walk from Windsor train station and due to our company's great culture and office buzz, you will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week.
In the role you will get involved with overseeing the ongoing delivery, administration and security compliance of the network infrastructure underpinning our hosted services whilst providing expert-level support for the network infrastructure that underpins their data center based services.
As a Senior Network Engineer you ensure that network service levels are monitored, reviewed and reported on a regular basis, and that the necessary steps are taken to resolve any issues or negative trends that may be identified. Our client is expecting the successful candidate to have experience in working with managing networks in a production / live / mission critical environment so this will be essential for success in this role.
The core technical environment:
You do not need to have experience in all of these areas, but the more the better!
- Cisco Nexus Switches
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco Nexus 7000/9000
- F5/GTM Load balancers
- Puppet used for Automation - any other experience is good i.e. Ansible, Chef etc etc
- Nagios and Cacti used for service monitoring
Your ability to troubleshoot and fix problems and identify them before they happen will be key! Holding any Cisco certifications such as CCNA/CCNP or even CCIE will be very much looked upon favourably.
- Ensure that network and related activities are completed within agreed timelines and/or in line with agreed schedules.
- Work with technical architects, project managers and other stakeholders to identify, assess, select and present appropriate network solutions for their needs.
- Maintain operational acceptance criteria for network solutions to be supported by the hosting team, and work with the appropriate delivery teams to ensure that these are met before transition into production.
- Ensure that agreed network and access processes are followed and, in particular, that events, incidents and requests are dealt with in a timely manner using the appropriate operational processes and tools.
- Continue to look for ways that the service can be improved and, where agreed, lead or assist with the implementation of service improvements
- Ensure that network and associated service components under management are monitored 24x7 for availability, capacity and performance.
- Monitor and report on network capacity across all network elements, and pro-actively identify and address potential issues in a timely manner.
- Good experience of following ITIL processes in a 24x7 operations environment with tight SLA and security compliance requirements.
- 10% bonus (this can double by virtue or a good appraisal)
- Up to 5% pension contributions
- 25 days hols
- Private Healthcare - you can add your family too!
- Gym Membership - £400 Per year contribution
- Life assurance X3
- External financial advisor
- Nice offices and snacks provided
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join an a well-established business who are going from strength to strength! If you feel that this opportunity is of interest to you, then please send me a copy of your updated CV.
Network Administrator (Senior) | Cisco Routing & Switching | SaaS Company